Welcome to my blog

Welcome to my blog and thank you for showing your support for the most awesome music blog in my class

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Other types of great music



Kurt Kobain from Nirvana

I know that my last couple of posts have been talking about rap and speaking about how bad it is but thats just becuase i chose to attack the mainstream music first becuase most poeple listen to rap. This post will strictly be speaking about different types of rock and metal and how bad they are for society. I personally listen to rock and metal and i know there are some harsh lyrics and they are not to be taken seriously but some poeple do and it can be very dangerous. Most rock though is not that bad but there are always the extremes and this will be speaking of the extremes.








During the 70s rap was not really out and the mainstream was rock. During this time drugs swept through the music industry rock stars all over were over dosing and dying. Poeple all over followed overdosing on drugs. A popular member of a band was Nikki Sixx from the band Motley Crue who overdosed on heroine but luckily survived. Ever since then however Nikki Sixx has been walking a straight line and is now the founder of a band called Sixx A.M.
Nirvana is considered the best Grundge band to have ever come out they have many fans but this band had their own secret problems. Lead singer Kurt Cobain was found one day in his garden shed with his head blown off from a shotgun his own shotgun that he allegedly shot himself in the head with.




There are some sick bands out there and there are some wierd individuals. Perhaps the sickest band i have ever heard of is a band called Cannibal Corpse this band has an album cover with a corpse feeding off the nude body of another corpse and it is pretty sick stuff. some songs from this band are "F**ked with a knife","I C*M blood", "feeding on vaginal skin","devil to the metal" this for me is crossing the line that is too much. I have listened to stuff that most poeple cant stand becuase its just screaming and grunting loud guitars and pounding drums but this is too much. There is also a band called slayer who i dont really mind but some poeple may find disturbinghere are some lyrics to these guys songs.



Raining blood:"Trapped in purgatoryA lifeless object, aliveAwaiting reprisalDeath will be their acquisitionThe sky is turning redReturn to power draws nearFall into me, the skys crimson tearsAbolish the rules made of stone"



War ensemble:"Propaganda death ensembleBurial to beCorpses rotting through the nightIn blood laced miseryScorched earth the policyThe reason for the singeThe pendulum it shaves the bladeThe strafing air blood raid"


By far one of the most disturbed poeple is Marilyn Manson he is a sick individual he is an anarchist he does not believe in anything he defies everything but his lyrics are deep. here are some lyrics


Mobscene:"You came to see the mobsceneI know it isn't your sceneIt's better than a sex scene and it'sSo xxxxxxx obscene, obscene yeah."
Heart shaped glasses:"She reminds me of a one I knewThat cut up the negatives of my lifeI couldn't take my hands off herShe wouldn't let me be anywhere but insideAnd I don't mind you keepin' meOn pins and needlesIf I could stick to youAnd you stick me tooJust don't breakDon't break my heartAnd I won't break your heart-shaped glassesLittle girl, little girlYou should close your eyesThat blue is getting me high"
The main difference between these types of disturbing music and rap is that rap is mainstream and they think that they are doing something good. Nobody i know who listens to these bands think that they are doing something good and nobody looks up to them. Rappers actually think that they are doing somthing good and their music is self celebratory

1 comment:

  1. Rob,

    Interesting post...a lot to think about.

    Nice job getting your voice in here.

    One thing to think about: is rap really that different than rock in its influence over its fans? What evidence do you have of this for your readers?

    ReplyDelete